MATTE ME | SLEEK MAKEUP

12:04:00 PM
While back, when I was still in Manchester I came across Sleek MakeUp. Since I am from Slovenia I wasn't aware of this brand. But being a makeup enthusiast I bought some products and I was amazed. Two of those were two matte me liquid lipstick. While wearing them a lot for a month I purchase two more.

Matte me liquid lipstick goes from liquid form to matte in few minutes. It supposedly stays on longer than normal lipstick or lip creams. The site also says that the light as air texture provides a comfortable wear for hours, that doesn't cake, flake or dry out, ensuring long-lasting colour all day.

Before applying I always put vaseline of some sorts to moisturize my lips.

BIRTHDAY SUIT



This is by far the best matte liquid lipstick in the bunch. The formula suits me the best because it's more liquidy than the others. The consistency throughout the series varies. Colour itself is almost like my natural colour. I do see myself wearing this one more than the others because of the nude shade. When you put it on, it allows you to build up the product, but I can cover my lips with one dip. It isn't streaky. After drying it isn't sticky at all so I usually forget that I have it on.
One problem: the brush is different from the rest


BITTERSWEET



Second best by texture, and in the third place on my colour choice. It isn't as liquid as the first one, but still ok. The colours have more pinkish undertone, so you see right away that there is something on the lips. I do think that after drying up it felt a bit sticky (lips stick together) but it isn't annoying.

VELVET SLIPPER


I don't know what it is, but the darker shades are both harder to apply. If you are not careful it can become streaky and you will see the discolour on your lips. This colour in on my last place since I am not a fan of purples. But I do think I do rock the colour :) For this one, I had to dip twice to make a full coverage because I thought that the formula wasn't as liquid as the first one. The sticky part is the same as Bittersweet.

OLD HOLLYWOOD



My favourite colour! But it got second place in this review because of the formula. It can become streaky a lot, and discolour, so if you are like me and you adore this shade, you have to be careful with applying. I just love how my lips look while wearing red (or shades of it). It isn't as sticky as Bittersweet and Velvet slipper.

Overall I do love matte lipstick, especially for the long wear comfort. Food does take it away, but you can just re-apply. Hope that this helps.


Sleekmakeup.com
Ličila.si (slovenian site)

Kisses, T.

No comments:

Vermillion redd. Powered by Blogger.